An alkaline detergent for microbial growth on exterior walls and other surfaces.
Uula Mould Wash
Alk. 19,39 €
Uula Mould Wash for the cleaning of exterior surfaces
Uula Mould Wash is an exterior use alkaline washing agent that eliminates microbial outbreaks of mould, algae and fungal growth. Suitable for maintenance cleaning of all types of naturally soiled surfaces, and for preparatory cleaning prior to painting.
Suitable for all exterior surfaces such as painted walls, plastic and wooden outdoor furniture, gutters etc.
- Dilute with water according to the dosage instructions on the container. Apply with a sponge, cloth, brush, or low-pressure spray.
- Very dirty and grimy surfaces may need scrubbing with a brush.
- Leave for approximately 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Allow the surface to dry thoroughly before painting.
- The cleaned surface can be treated with all types of paint and wood preservative.
Mould thrives in damp and warm conditions, and rainy autumns and mild winters increase the risk of microbial growth on exterior surfaces. The relative air humidity during warm winters is significantly higher compared to continuous below zero weather. In addition, the risk of mould growth is increased by industrial drying of timber, as well as felling timber at the wrong time of year.
The occurrence and living conditions of mould vary between neighbouring houses and even between different parts of the house. Eaves and open porches develop mould easier than walls due to poorer air circulation. Trees and shrubs near the house increase the likelihood of mould growth.
Mould growth on external surfaces of buildings is to do with climatic conditions and is not caused by the paint itself. This type of mould is superficial, results purely in aesthetic harm and can easily be washed off with Uula Mould Wash.